Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Allstate fell $0.85 (-1.6%) to $51.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,902,993 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,723,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.49-$51.91 after having opened the day at $51.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.35. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: HCI Group ( HCI), down 5.1%, Independence Holding Company ( IHC), down 4.8%, United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 3.8% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.