Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mattel ( MAT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Mattel fell $1.40 (-3.3%) to $41.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,777,599 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,404,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.13-$42.22 after having opened the day at $41.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.55. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Ever-Glory International Group ( EVK), down 16.1%, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company ( CTB), down 12.8%, Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), down 11.1% and Myers Industries ( MYE), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.