Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Northrop Grumman ( NOC) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Northrop Grumman rose $1.66 (1.8%) to $94.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,821,780 shares of Northrop Grumman exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,459,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.82-$95.56 after having opened the day at $92.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.32. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 28.9%, Wowjoint Holdings ( BWOW), up 20.0%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 12.7% and Adept Technology ( ADEP), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Northrop Grumman Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.