Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Talisman Energy ( TLM) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Talisman Energy rose $0.56 (4.6%) to $12.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,158,485 shares of Talisman Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,717,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.02-$12.81 after having opened the day at $12.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.19. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 25.1%, WSP Holdings ( WH), up 6.4%, Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 5.8% and Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.