Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.20 (1.2%) to $17.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,253,274 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,226,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.25-$17.98 after having opened the day at $17.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.57. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: CSR ( CSRE), up 191.3%, China Sunergy ( CSUN), up 20.6%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 12.7% and Aetrium Incorporated ( ATRM), up 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.