Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Westlake Chemical Corporation ( WLK) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Westlake Chemical Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WLK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.0 million.
- WLK has traded 125,262 shares today.
- WLK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WLK: Westlake Chemical Corporation manufactures and markets basic chemicals, vinyls, polymers, and fabricated building products. It operates in two segments, Olefins and Vinyls. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. WLK has a PE ratio of 15.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Westlake Chemical Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Westlake Chemical Corporation has been 384,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Westlake Chemical has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.34 and a short float of 4.1% with 2.97 days to cover. Shares are up 29.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Westlake Chemical Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.16% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.85% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WLK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 26.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.75 versus $3.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.88 versus $5.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 26.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $115.50 million to $145.82 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.87, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Westlake Chemical Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.