Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Taser International ( TASR) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Taser International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TASR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.0 million.
- TASR has traded 445,711 shares today.
- TASR is up 3.2% today.
- TASR was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TASR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TASR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TASR: TASER International, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) for use in law enforcement, federal, military, corrections, private security, and personal defense markets worldwide. TASR has a PE ratio of 50.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Taser International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Taser International has been 970,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Taser International has a market cap of $748.1 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of -0.29 and a short float of 5.9% with 1.33 days to cover. Shares are up 63.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Taser International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TASR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TASR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TASR has a quick ratio of 2.34, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- TASER INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TASER INTERNATIONAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.27 versus -$0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus $0.27).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 29.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.44 million to $4.46 million.
- The gross profit margin for TASER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.85% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Taser International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.