Progress (NASDAQ:PRGS) today announced new features in the Progress® Pacific™ platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that allow more time and energy to be spent solving business problems with data-driven applications and less time worrying about technology and writing code. These powerful, scalable applications, which can be developed quickly and deployed anywhere, can easily integrate with real-time data from multiple sources for faster business reaction, analysis and problem solving.
Easy, on-demand access to all Pacific capabilities in one place maximizes developer productivity and eliminates complexity for faster implementation and easier workflows, business logic and data integration. (Photo: Business Wire)The new capabilities seamlessly and intuitively bring together intelligent workflows, business logic, deployment options and data sources. Combined, these enable powerful cloud, mobile, on-premise and hybrid apps to be built with minimal coding while isolating the complexity of middleware, APIs and drivers. The new fully integrated Pacific features and functionality unveiled at the Progress Exchange 2013 user conference in Boston provide:
- Fast data integration regardless of source. Apps with built-in real-time access to disparate SaaS, relational database, Big Data, social, CRM and ERP systems can be easily developed with just one connection using the Pacific rapid application development technology and the Pacific data connectivity service.
- Flexible deployment options for secure, scalable, multi-tenant applications. The needs of a dynamic business environment can be met in cloud, on-premise, mobile or hybrid infrastructures through the Pacific secure, scalable, high-performance database; business rules and decision logic technology ; and business process management capabilities.
- A simplified, intuitive and worry-free experience. Easy, on-demand access to all Pacific capabilities in one place maximizes developer productivity and eliminates complexity for faster implementation and easier workflows, business logic and data integration.
- More flexibility with less complexity for existing apps. On-premise and mobile apps built with powerful, high productivity Progress development technology can take advantage of simple, fast connections to cloud data using the Pacific data connectivity service to make critical data accessible while preserving business logic and investments.
- New ways to tackle data analytics and reporting challenges. Innovative, new technology that enables self-service integration, blending and reporting of data from multiple applications was previewed for developers and will be available as an on-demand cloud service in the Pacific platform later in 2013.
Additional Resources:Progress Corporate Blog Progress App Dev Blog Progress DataDirect Blog Follow conversation about Exchange at #PRGS13 Join the Progress Exchange event group on LinkedIn Follow conversation about Progress Pacific at #PRGSPacific and #PaaS Follow Progress Software on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ Follow Progress DataDirect on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ View the Progress RebelMouse page for the latest happenings aggregated from all Progress social media pages in one location About Progress Software Corporation Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ:PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000. Progress and Pacific are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains statements that are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Progress has identified some of these forward-looking statements with words like “believe,” “may,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “should,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “target,” “anticipate” and “continue,” the negative of these words, other terms of similar meaning or the use of future dates. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the future operation, direction and success of Progress’s business. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results or future events to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation: (1) Progress’ ability to release its product development initiatives in a timely manner; (2) market acceptance of Progress’s product development initiatives; (3) pricing pressures and the competitive environment in the software industry and Platform-as-a-Service market; (4) Progress’s ability to make technology acquisitions and to realize the expected benefits and anticipated synergies from such acquisitions; (5) economic conditions in the U.S. and international economies; (6) business and consumer use of the Internet and the continuing adoption of Cloud technologies; (7) the receipt and shipment of new orders; (8) Progress’s ability to expand its relationships with channel partners and to manage the interaction of channel partners with its direct sales force; (9) the timely release of enhancements to Progress’s products and customer acceptance of new products; (10) the positioning of Progress’s products in its existing and new markets; (11) variations in the demand for professional services and technical support; (12) Progress’s ability to penetrate international markets and manage its international operations; and (13) changes in exchange rates. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Progress’s business, please refer to Progress’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2012 as amended, and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarters ended February 28, 2013 and May 31, 2013. Progress undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.