Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries fell $0.68 (-1.5%) to $45.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,120,190 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,285,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.71-$45.72 after having opened the day at $45.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.69. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 8.5%, FreeSeas ( FREE), down 5.1%, Providence & Worcester Railroad Company ( PWX), down 4.7% and Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.