Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell $0.55 (-6.5%) to $7.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 72,710,351 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,778,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.76-$8.51 after having opened the day at $8.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.41. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), down 6.5%, New York & Company ( NWY), down 3.2%, Coastal Contacts ( COA), down 2.8% and Chico's FAS ( CHS), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.