Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell $0.75 (-1.0%) to $72.68 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,165,794 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,966,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.36-$73.74 after having opened the day at $73.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.43. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Homex Development ( HXM), down 7.8%, Zillow ( Z), down 5.0%, Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), down 4.3% and Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.