Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell $1.35 (-1.1%) to $124.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 693,723 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 644,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $124.56-$127.19 after having opened the day at $126.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.26. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), down 9.8%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 9.4%, Homex Development ( HXM), down 7.8% and Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.