Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MarkWest Energy Partners ( MWE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, MarkWest Energy Partners fell $1.35 (-1.9%) to $70.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 832,997 shares of MarkWest Energy Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 779,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.49-$71.99 after having opened the day at $71.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.00. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 25.8%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 16.7%, Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 13.3% and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MarkWest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.