Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $1.31 (1.1%) to $121.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 662,425 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,138,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $119.86-$121.60 after having opened the day at $120.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.10. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), up 6.6%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 5.3%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 3.3% and Dynegy ( DYN), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.