Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Qualcomm ( QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose $0.91 (1.4%) to $68.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,987,594 shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,363,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.13-$68.19 after having opened the day at $67.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.11. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 31.0%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), up 30.1%, CalAmp Corporation ( CAMP), up 8.7% and Ikanos Communications ( IKAN), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.