Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yahoo ( YHOO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Yahoo rose $1.02 (3.0%) to $34.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 23,655,347 shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,305,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.96-$35.06 after having opened the day at $33.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.88. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: CSR ( CSRE), up 196.2%, Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 31.0%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), up 30.1% and Vimicro International Corporation ( VIMC), up 21.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.