Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose $1.14 (1.8%) to $66.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,458,246 shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,700,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.74-$66.30 after having opened the day at $64.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.95. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 28.9%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 19.7%, Adept Technology ( ADEP), up 13.5% and Integrated Electrical Services ( IESC), up 12.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.