Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals rose $2.22 (1.9%) to $116.44 on light volume. Throughout the day, 880,173 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,352,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $113.37-$116.72 after having opened the day at $113.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.22. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 175.1%, Discovery Laboratories ( DSCO), up 37.1%, Pro-Dex ( PDEX), up 20.1% and InspireMD ( NSPR), up 18.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.