Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.41 (1.2%) to $35.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13,774,438 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,381,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.13-$35.80 after having opened the day at $35.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.29. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), up 10.9%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 10.2%, Ballantyne Strong ( BTN), up 7.9% and Black Diamond ( BDE), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.