Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $1.23 (3.2%) to $40.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,110,162 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,225,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.52-$40.02 after having opened the day at $38.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.77. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 9.6%, Gulf Resources ( GURE), up 5.8%, China Green Agriculture ( CGA), up 5.3% and Taminco ( TAM), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.