Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries rose $1.41 (1.9%) to $75.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,918,230 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,647,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.65-$75.47 after having opened the day at $73.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.98. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Platinum Group Metal ( PLG), up 15.9%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 15.5%, Kimber Resources ( KBXR), up 15.5% and Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.