Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.73 (1.5%) to $49.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, 17,279,704 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,596,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.38-$49.19 after having opened the day at $48.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.40. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 10.8%, National Bank of Greece ( NBG), up 9.6%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 5.6% and Patriot National Bancorp ( PNBK), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.