Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $7.67 (4.4%) to $180.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,253,455 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,505,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $172.65-$181.18 after having opened the day at $176.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $173.31. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 6.2%, Arctic Cat ( ACAT), up 3.9%, Polaris Industries ( PII), up 3.5% and TRW Automotive Holdings ( TRW), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.