Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, and CVS/pharmacy, America’s leading retail pharmacy, today announced a strategic retail partnership designed to educate individuals and their families about their health care coverage options under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Humana representatives will be present at CVS/pharmacy’s Project Health events starting this month. Humana will also be holding in-store events at CVS/pharmacy locations to educate individuals and their families about health care coverage options under the ACA.
- CVS/pharmacy’s Project Health – Project Health is a CVS/pharmacy wellness program designed to improve access to health care and deliver preventive services. Humana representatives will be present to answer questions about health coverage under ACA at 80 CVS/pharmacy Project Health weekly events in states such as Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, and Texas during the months of October and November.
- Health Coverage Information – Humana representatives will also be in more than 500 CVS/pharmacy stores located in 12 of the 14 states* where Humana is offering individual health insurance as a Qualified Health Plan on Federal and state individual market public exchanges. Representatives will answer questions that individuals and their families may have about their health coverage options. Representatives will be in CVS stores select Wednesdays, between the hours of 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., throughout the six-month open enrollment period for the Health Insurance Marketplace, which started Tuesday, Oct. 1.
“Providing information about new health insurance coverage opportunities is in keeping with our purpose of helping people on their path to better health,” said Helena Foulkes, Executive Vice President and Chief Health Care Strategy and Marketing Officer for CVS Caremark. “We are pleased to combine our innovative suite of services and our new and existing relationships with organizations such as Humana to help patients understand and have access to information about insurance options in their community.”Humana and CVS/pharmacy will also provide educational brochures and other materials that will be available to individuals and their families. People can visit www.HCR411.com in order to find the closest CVS/pharmacy store that has a Humana representative. Individuals can view a listing of the stores that have Humana representatives, as well as the dates and times they’ll be in-store by typing in their zip code. For the past several months, Humana has focused its efforts on educating people about the impact of health care reform. The company unveiled the website “Health Care For You,” which can be accessed at www.humana.com/HealthcareForYou. The site is designed to help educate individuals on their health care coverage options via a character-driven experience focused on baby boomers, families with children and young independents. Humana also recently announced a partnership with the YMCA of the USA (Y-USA),whereby the company is sponsoring health and wellness community events and health care reform educational seminars – led by Humana representatives – at select YMCA locations throughout the six-month open enrollment period for Health Insurance Marketplaces. *CVS/pharmacy does not have stores in Utah and Colorado, where Humana is on exchange. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.