Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCP ( HCP) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, HCP fell $1.95 (-4.7%) to $39.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,934,761 shares of HCP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,657,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.36-$41.63 after having opened the day at $41.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.77. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), down 7.4%, Whitestone REIT ( WSR), down 6.2%, Stratus Properties ( STRS), down 5.0% and Redwood ( RWT), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full HCP Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.