Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $2.58 (-2.1%) to $118.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,167,374 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,013,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $117.93-$120.66 after having opened the day at $120.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.83. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 26.2%, KiOR ( KIOR), down 7.8%, ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), down 7.6% and Recovery Energy ( RECV), down 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.