Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sothebys ( BID) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Sothebys rose $0.90 (1.8%) to $50.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,786,459 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,228,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.00-$52.00 after having opened the day at $50.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.04. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Lentuo International ( LAS), up 5.0%, Books-A-Million ( BAMM), up 4.3%, Outerwall ( OUTR), up 1.9% and Five Below ( FIVE), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sothebys Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.