Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation rose $0.47 (1.1%) to $43.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,126,727 shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,173,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.97-$43.94 after having opened the day at $43.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.32. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 14.5%, Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), up 10.1%, CKX Lands ( CKX), up 8.4% and Resolute Energy ( REN), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesoro Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.