Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose $1.47 (4.6%) to $33.34 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,932,842 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,000,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.68-$33.48 after having opened the day at $32.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.87. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), up 13.8%, Ohio Valley Banc Corporation ( OVBC), up 5.8%, LSB Financial Corporation ( LSBI), up 5.4% and Community Bank Shares of Indiana ( CBIN), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.