Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcoa ( AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Alcoa fell $0.15 (-1.8%) to $8.02 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 37,945,497 shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,586,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.89-$8.07 after having opened the day at $7.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.17. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), down 6.6%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 6.2%, Rare Element Resources ( REE), down 4.8% and Gold Resource ( GORO), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.