Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.12 (-1.5%) to $74.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,251,082 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,315,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.17-$75.29 after having opened the day at $75.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.70. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 5.2%, Greenhill ( GHL), down 4.8%, Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), down 4.4% and Investment Technology Group ( ITG), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.