Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Oil ( MRO) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Marathon Oil fell $0.44 (-1.3%) to $34.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,518,706 shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,206,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.26-$34.89 after having opened the day at $34.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.04. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 25.0%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 11.1%, Memorial Production Partners ( MEMP), down 5.4% and Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.