Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $0.92 (-2.5%) to $36.18 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,948,774 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,763,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.92-$36.86 after having opened the day at $36.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.10. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 25.0%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 11.1%, Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), down 6.6% and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.