Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent rose $0.32 (8.7%) to $3.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 35,967,246 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,303,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.78-$3.99 after having opened the day at $3.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.67. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 20.3%, Allot Communications ( ALLT), up 11.6%, Trunkbow International Holdings ( TBOW), up 9.7% and Portugal Telecom ( PT), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.