Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose $0.53 (1.2%) to $43.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,541,526 shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,825,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.02-$43.98 after having opened the day at $43.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.44. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 17.1%, Acorn International ( ATV), up 10.3%, E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), up 8.5% and Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.