Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Everest Re Group ( RE) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Everest Re Group rose $2.99 (2.0%) to $148.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 630,941 shares of Everest Re Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 379,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $145.99-$149.38 after having opened the day at $147.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.91. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Tower Group ( TWGP), up 7.0%, MBIA ( MBI), up 4.1%, National Security Group ( NSEC), up 3.0% and National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.