Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tenet Healthcare ( THC) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Tenet Healthcare rose $2.53 (6.1%) to $43.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,441,941 shares of Tenet Healthcare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,496,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.22-$44.53 after having opened the day at $41.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.37. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 96.9%, Delcath Systems ( DCTH), up 91.4%, DARA Biosciences ( DARA), up 41.2% and Genvec ( GNVC), up 27.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.