Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum rose $1.24 (1.3%) to $94.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,484,212 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,751,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.38-$94.70 after having opened the day at $93.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.44. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), up 30.0%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 14.5%, Kimber Resources ( KBXR), up 14.5% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 12.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.