- Increased efforts to foster a working environment that celebrates and incorporates the many backgrounds and perspectives of employees, including the restructuring of the firm’s Diversity Council to comprise the CEOs of each of Marsh & McLennan Companies’ four operating companies.
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives such as the implementation of a Domestic Partner Tax Equalization policy to address an inequity in the US tax code that puts a financial burden on LGBT employees.
- Conservation and green awareness initiatives, including the multifaceted, online Green Traveler program that helps employees make sustainable travel choices and increased participation in green volunteering globally.
- Continued recognition of the Company’s carbon reduction and reporting efforts as well as its greener real estate portfolio, with multiple LEED-certified facilities.
- Increased community engagement with a focus on helping people at risk through education and disaster response — activities that range from pro bono assignments that address the needs of emerging economies to mentoring at-risk individuals.
- Greater participation globally in community-related activities that support communities and people in need and involvement in causes that resonate personally with colleagues.
ABOUT MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIESMARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES (NYSE: MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a global leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies’ 54,000 colleagues worldwide provide analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. The Company prides itself on being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. Visit www.mmc.com for more information.