Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in risk, strategy, and human capital, today announced the release of its annual Corporate Citizenship Report, a comprehensive view of the Company's global initiatives to drive environmental sustainability, encourage community involvement, and expand its diversity and inclusion strategy. The report also highlights the Company’s goals for continued development of its corporate citizenship efforts. ”We are committed not only to creating value for our clients, colleagues, and shareholders, but also to supporting an inclusive workplace, reducing our environmental footprint, and engaging responsibly with our global communities. We view our commitment to corporate citizenship as a shared responsibility among all of our stakeholders to make the world a better place,” said Marsh & McLennan Companies President and Chief Executive Officer Dan Glaser. “This report showcases our Company’s exciting accomplishments and tells our evolving story, including our colleagues’ reflections on corporate citizenship.” The new Corporate Citizenship Report’s interactive microsite can be accessed at http://www.mmc.com/citizenship-report/. Highlights from the report include:
- Increased efforts to foster a working environment that celebrates and incorporates the many backgrounds and perspectives of employees, including the restructuring of the firm’s Diversity Council to comprise the CEOs of each of Marsh & McLennan Companies’ four operating companies.
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives such as the implementation of a Domestic Partner Tax Equalization policy to address an inequity in the US tax code that puts a financial burden on LGBT employees.
- Conservation and green awareness initiatives, including the multifaceted, online Green Traveler program that helps employees make sustainable travel choices and increased participation in green volunteering globally.
- Continued recognition of the Company’s carbon reduction and reporting efforts as well as its greener real estate portfolio, with multiple LEED-certified facilities.
- Increased community engagement with a focus on helping people at risk through education and disaster response — activities that range from pro bono assignments that address the needs of emerging economies to mentoring at-risk individuals.
- Greater participation globally in community-related activities that support communities and people in need and involvement in causes that resonate personally with colleagues.
ABOUT MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIESMARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES (NYSE: MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a global leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies’ 54,000 colleagues worldwide provide analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. The Company prides itself on being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. Visit www.mmc.com for more information.