- Documentation Enhancements – Introducing math in text, the ability to format math regions and ability to create new worksheets based on existing personal or company standardized templates which help support adherence to standards for calculations and documentation
- Custom Functions – Capability to reuse existing algorithms already coded in C++, C, Fortran etc., to extend PTC Mathcad capabilities beyond what is provided out-of-the-box
- Global Definition Operator – Ability to define constants and parameters that can be used anywhere in the worksheet, and to define parameters close to the end result
- Numeric Enhancements –New faster matrix decomposition functions with support for pivoting and complex numbers
- Surface interpolation in contour plots – Users can now create a contour plot of a set of unordered 3D points leveraging a PTC Creo® surface interpolation algorithm
- Usability Improvements – Offers a number of improvements to frequently used functionality (such as pasting images to headers/footers and overtyping equations) that can translate into increased efficiency
“As a result of a common tool that produces worksheets that can be easily used and understood by all levels in our organization – and for everything from documentation to sophisticated design studies - our engineers can now actually spend time engineering,” continued Shields.Integration with PTC Creo ® and PTC Windchill ® By linking design inputs and calculation results to PTC Creo, engineers are easily able to perform test analyses, optimize geometry parameters and perform verification and validation steps on final designs to confirm original customer requirements are met. Similarly, allowing Mathcad Prime 3.0 worksheets to be managed directly by PTC Windchill, users benefit from global collaboration, version control, and traceability for their critical design and engineering knowledge. “Using engineering calculations to drive CAD models managed by a PLM backbone is the engineers’ way of crossing their “t’s” and dotting their “i’s,” said Brent Edmonds, senior director, Mathcad, PTC. “The level of integration in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 between PTC Creo and PTC Windchill essentially closes all the loops and ensures the accuracy of our customers’ final products.” AvailabilityPTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 is currently available. Please refer to ptc.com for additional information. Additional Resources: Twitter - Watch us on YouTube - Connect with us on LinkedIn - Join our PTC Community - Visit us on Facebook – View other Social Media Platforms About PTC PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company's technology solutions transform the way products are created and serviced across the entire product lifecycle - from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at www.ptc.com. PTC, the PTC logo, Product & Service Advantage, Creo, Windchill, Mathcad and Prime are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.