Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discovery Communications ( DISCA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications fell $1.19 (-1.4%) to $83.23 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,598,630 shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,034,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.74-$84.37 after having opened the day at $84.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.42. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Point.360 ( PTSX), down 10.9%, RetailMeNot ( SALE), down 3.1%, Ku6 Media ( KUTV), down 2.3% and Beasley Broadcast Group ( BBGI), down 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.