Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alkermes ( ALKS) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Alkermes fell $0.55 (-1.6%) to $33.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,095,240 shares of Alkermes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 939,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.29-$33.41 after having opened the day at $32.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.62. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 40.3%, Achillion Pharmaceuticals ( ACHN), down 12.2%, CEL-SCI Corporation ( CVM), down 11.8% and Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alkermes Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.