Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy rose $0.48 (1.3%) to $36.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,217,415 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,120,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.62-$37.18 after having opened the day at $36.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.45. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 29.6%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), up 7.0%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), up 6.4% and NRG Yield ( NYLD), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.