Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Delta Air Lines ( DAL) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Delta Air Lines rose $0.62 (2.6%) to $24.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,074,218 shares of Delta Air Lines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,356,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.63-$24.22 after having opened the day at $23.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.59. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: FreeSeas ( FREE), up 15.0%, Providence & Worcester Railroad Company ( PWX), up 9.5%, StealthGas ( GASS), up 7.3% and Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Delta Air Lines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.