Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $1.43 (2.3%) to $63.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,139,753 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,999,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.60-$63.43 after having opened the day at $62.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.99. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Tower Group ( TWGP), up 5.7%, HCI Group ( HCI), up 5.4%, Federated National ( FNHC), up 4.2% and 21st Century Holding Company ( TCHC), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.