Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aetna ( AET) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Aetna rose $0.88 (1.4%) to $64.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,042,021 shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,677,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.04-$65.21 after having opened the day at $64.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.02. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 89.4%, pSivida ( PSDV), up 30.9%, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals ( LXRX), up 21.4% and Mirati Therapeutics ( MRTX), up 16.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.