Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BRF ( BRFS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, BRF rose $0.31 (1.3%) to $24.84 on light volume. Throughout the day, 780,166 shares of BRF exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,297,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.52-$24.87 after having opened the day at $24.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.53. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Bridgford Foods Corporation ( BRID), up 8.9%, Agria Corporation ( GRO), up 6.5%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 4.7% and China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BRF Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.