Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $2.87 (1.7%) to $172.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,384,821 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,599,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $168.55-$172.83 after having opened the day at $168.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $169.28. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Pyramid Oil Company ( PDO), up 17.0%, Quicksilver Resources ( KWK), up 10.2%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 9.4% and Approach Resources ( AREX), up 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.