Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $1.13 (2.4%) to $48.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 27,356,753 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,879,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.15-$49.23 after having opened the day at $48.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.61. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 89.4%, pSivida ( PSDV), up 30.9%, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals ( LXRX), up 21.4% and Mirati Therapeutics ( MRTX), up 16.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.