Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goodyear Tire & Rubber ( GT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Goodyear Tire & Rubber rose $0.80 (3.6%) to $23.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,859,682 shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,237,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.42-$23.26 after having opened the day at $22.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.45. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tufco Technologies ( TFCO), up 15.6%, Verso Paper ( VRS), up 11.8%, Bridgford Foods Corporation ( BRID), up 8.9% and Ballantyne Strong ( BTN), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Goodyear Tire & Rubber Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.